Reviews: Best Travel Fishing Rod
Packing up my often normal yet bulky rod when I travel is a struggle I expect a lot, at least, when I’m always on the lookout for fishing opportunities. This dilemma is shared by almost every angler out there. Thankfully, that can all be remedied when one knows how to find the best traveling fishing rod.
And in this post, that’s what exactlyI’lll be providing: to aid you in your search on the best product in the market now! I was just like you before: seemingly unaware about the other fishing rod variants .But once I was already acquainted (thanks to my uncle!) with the best traveling fishing rods and how to choose them accordingly, I was able to able to crack not just the code but also the key to enjoying outdoor and spur-of-the-moment fishing escapades .Right before we reveal the top pick, a dedicated section on finding the best traveling fishing rod in the marketplace will also be featured. Are you ready to find out the best products? Fasten your seatbelt and read on!
#1 – Okuma VS-605-20 Voyager Spinning Travel Kit
- Travel kit with 6'0" rod and 20 size reel
- Features a sensitive five-piece composite blank
- Durable ceramic guide inserts
- Stainless steel hooded reel seats
- Machine-cut brass pinion gear
The fishing backpack that is designed to cater to all of your adventures, the Anglatech Fly Fishing Backpack Combo for Tackle and Gear has an ample room to store your essential gears and more. It has an expandable storage that combines the perks of a fishing vest and the backpack?s storage.
So whether you?re bringing your rain jacket or even lunch during fishing, this product won?t disappoint you. The backpack also promises its users to stay hydrated as it comes with a bladder that holds 1.5 liters of water so you remain quenched all throughout your outing.Comfort is also a strong offering on our first entry. It has a breathable mesh that enables air to flow freely, allowing you to stay cool and dry even if there is a rise in temperature. Meanwhile, a set of adjustable straps is thrown in the mix that match all users and sizes.
Ultimately, this neat backpack from Anglatech is proving to be a frontrunner in terms of storage in which you can keep your fishing gear all organized and quickly within reach.
- Comes with big wide straps
- Comfortable to wear
- Lots of storage, compartments
- Premium zippers
- Fits most sizes
- Accompanying water bladder is not that premium
#2 – Daiwa Mini System Minispin Ultralight Spinning Reel and Rod Combo
- Terminal tackle not included
- Ultra-compact hard case
- Perfect size for tucking in your luggage
- Designed for anglers on the move, compact tackle setup comes in its own hard case, and is ideal for stowing in luggage, backpacking, or keeping under a car seat
- Ultralight MS-S500T reel with smooth, ball bearing drive, multi-disc drag, 5.1-to-1 retrieve, GyroSpin balancing, and Twist Buster line twist reduction
Specifically crafted to withstand the wear and tear of everyday fishing, the Fiblink Fishing Tackle Bag is made with all the durable offerings. It comes with robust and water-resistant nylon construction that features a zippered main compartment and an integrated ID holder.
Meanwhile, a series of zippered and vented pockets that house your gear are likewise included; users can also deploy their heavy loads by means of its massive ergonomic shoulder strap. Perhaps its most hallmark feature is the product?s reliable one-year warranty. Accordingly, users can send their money back if the product is damaged non-artificially.
Consumers can also communicate with the seller directly if they feel like something is amiss with the item. You?ll either get a refund or a new product. Now, there is a reason as to why this product is beloved by most fishers! Talk about 100 percent satisfaction service!
- Size: 12″ x 8.7″ x 6″
- Very affordable
- Made of heavy duty, water-repelling denier nylon
- Comes with a padded main compartment, back support, and ergonomic shoulder strap for added comfort
- High-quality stitching and smooth zippers
- Highly accessible pockets
- Compact size
- A bit smaller for some
#3 – Sougayilang Spinning Telescopic Fishing Rod Graphite Carbon Fiber
- The Sougayilang Black Hawk Telescoping Travel Spinning Fishing Rods Are Made of High Density 24 Ton Carbon Fiber and E-Glass Composite for Great Power and Sensitivity. It's Light Weight and Perfectly Balanced, Thus Less Fatigue. Great Gift for Anglers!
- The Exquisite Reel Seat Is Made of Corrosion Resistant CNC Machined Aluminum for Years of Worry Free Fishing.
- Three Point Welded Stainless Steel Guides with Ceramic Inserts for Use with Braided or Mono Fishing Line and Providing Saltwater Approved Corrosion Resistant and Power Control.
- Light Weight and Portable, Easily Fits In Car Trunk, Boat Hatch or Backpack. Sougayilang Telescopic Rods Allow You To Travel To Your Favorite Fishing Spot and Enjoy Fishing Whenever and Wherever You Want.
- Various Sizes and Lengths Available for Freshwater Bass Trout Fishing, Saltwater Surf Fishing or Inshore Fishing. We Are Proud To Present You The Worry-free 1 Year Warranty!
If you?re the type of consumer who prides convenience in a product above anything else, then this first entry from CLC Work Gear should definitely be clocked at the top of your list!
The Wild River WT3604 Tackle Tek Nomad Lighted Backpack delights in its famed and convenient work surface that features a front pocket cover that folds down to give a handy work surface.
This very perk is continued on the large adjustable padded shoulder straps that allows the entire backpack to be quite comfortable to carry! Fishing at all hours won?t be a problem as the product comes with the much-needed integrated LED light system, allowing you to fish literally from dusk until dawn.This backpack is also protected from all the elements as it features a protective rain cover that can be quickly deployed, keeping your bag?s contents safe. A removable plier holder is also included that stretches from bag to belt, ensuring that your pliers are bound to be found easily.
- Size: 18.5 x 17 x 8.5 inches
- Features an integrated LED light system
- Comes with protective rain cover
- Comfortable to carry
- Removable plier holder
- Easy access open storage
- Well thought-out design for tackle organization
- The accompanying flashlight is reported to be problematic
#4 – PLUSINNO Fishing Rod and Reel Combos Carbon Fiber Telescopic Fishing Rod
- 🐟 Full kit is special made for novice, including nessary accessories for fishing. You can use it without buying any other accessories from anywhere. Perfect elasticity, high density Carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass make your fishing pole hard & durable.
- 🐟 Perfect elasticity, high density Carbon fiber mixed with fiberglass make your fishing pole hard & durable. Stainless Steel Hooded Reel Seats is anti-seawater corrosion; EVA Fore Grip for comfort. The telescopic fishing rod is portable, and closed length design is convenient carrying around. Power: Medium; Extended Handle.
- 🐟 Instant anti-reverse; Power drive gear equipped for high strength. Deep aluminium spool with double color and one line holes; More short body with large spool and large line capacity. Line capacity: mm/M 0.20/240 0.25/200 0.30/140. Model: EW3000,HA3000; Gear ratio: 5.2:1.
- 🐟 We love our customers and 12 months warranty provided. If any problem, please contact us firstly and our customer service will solve it for you soon. KINDLY NOTE: Want to buy single rod or single reel? Please search the ASIN: B01MQ1MRIA or B00YGZ1FRW.
- 🐟 Warm Prompt:we have 3 different models of the fishing combo & just choose what you need from "select" section.FULL KIT WITH CARRIER BAG: 1 FISHING ROD + 1 FISHING REEL（EW3000） +FISHING LINE + VARIOUS FISHING LURES+ FISHING HOOKS + SOME NESSARY ACCESSORIES + CARRIER BAG;FISHING ROD+REEL: ONLY INCLUDE 1 FISHING ROD + 1 FISHING REEL（HA3000）; FULL KIT WITHOUT CARRIER BAG: 1 FISHING ROD + 1 FISHING REEL （HA3000）+ VARIOUS FISHING LURES+ FISHING HOOKS + FISHING LINE.
Your fishing needs aside, the Phantom Aquatics Walrus 25 Waterproof Backpack Bag is also ideal for water sports and virtually all types of activities. This roll-top and 100 per cent waterproof backpack can float just safely when you drop it in water accidentally.
Its protection doesn?t end there; it also safeguards your product?s contents from dust, sand, and dirt due to its patented Unique High Frequency welded construction. Another hallmark feature of Phantom Aquatics is its propensity for supporting its consumers. This can all be gleaned from its two-way sealing system, the padded shoulder straps, and the lumbar support offering.
Meanwhile, its back panel is likewise comfy and comes with an air-flow design and elasticated front-webbing. Its extra reflective patches on the bag?s front and shoulder straps should also cater those who seek visibility.
- Size: 1.3 x 10.4 x 18.7 in
- Fully waterproofed
- Tough and well-built
- Made of premium materials
- Also protects contents from dust, sand, and dirt
- Back panel comes with an air-flow design
- A bit too bulky and bigger for some
- Rod is a bit stiff compared to the other travel rods we’ve featured
#5 – Fiblink 4 Pieces Travel Spinning Medium Graphite Spinning Fish Rod
- Sensitive and Solid Carbon Fiber Construction - Enhanced sensitivity of carbon composite spinning rod. The rod delivers the extraordinary toughness of solid carbon fiber construction and precisely tuned action. Light weight with tremendous overall strength, though and strong solid carbon fiber construction, maximizes strength while maintaining sensitivity.
- High-Quality Guides - 7+1 guides with stainless steel frames and ceramic inserts. Stainless steel mixed with ceramic guide makes it more smooth, aviods line stucking in the guides, minimize friction for smooth, long casts, while also enhancing sensitivity by transferring vibrations from the line through the guide to the rod and to your hand.
- Portable Design - 4-piece design & Durable rod protect bag make it easy to carry. Great for carrying out and having a fishing trip. A multi-purpose hook holder, effective hook keeper.
- Extreme Exposure Reel Seat - Enhanced reel seat with corrosion resistant stainless steel hoods.
- Ultra-premium-grade cork grip - Non slip high density cork handle and foregrips; Handles and butts grips that provide comfort and a sure grip in all conditions. Durable cork grips offer light weight and all day comfort.
True to its name, the Wild River 3606 Multi-Tackle Large Backpack is decidedly roomy. Plenty of storage space awaits those who are especially particular in this feature. This is evidenced by its large upper storage area that comes with a removable divider which converts the product for a nice storage for larger items.
On the other hand, the item comes with a built-in work surface; users can see this with its front pocket cover that folds down, giving a more than handy work surface. In addition, it comes with a lower tray compartment that can store to up to #3600 style trays. Comfort and fit are also two of the defining features of this last entry from Wild River. These can be noticed on its large adjustable padded shoulder straps with added sternum strap. Your maps, licenses, and smartphones should remain visible and dry due to its waterproofed and clear internal pocket.
- Size: 15.2 x 9.5 x 17.5 in
- Deemed to be as the most spacious in the market
- Comes with rugged bas pads
- Equipped with side storage for wet and dirty tools
- Very well made
- Highly accessible pockets
- Some buyers have reported inconsistent product quality and had to have the rod replaced after a few uses.
Choosing the Best Travel Fishing Rod and Reel
To ensure that you’re getting the best fishing backpack out there, a number of factors has to considered. If your checklist on this is not updated yet, allow this section to manage that for you. Here they are:
A good fishing backpack equates to a sufficient storage space. If your bag is bereft of space, then this defeats the purpose entirely.
Equally important to the storage itself is how organized that space is. As it goes, a backpack that is only equipped with a single big space for your ever-mounting gears would be spacious but is ultimately terrible, compartmentally that is. Meanwhile, a fishing backpack that comes with too many storage spaces but with not enough space would only be ideal for some circumstances. The key, really, is to know how to strike the right balance between the two.
As you?d be carrying and transporting this backpack from location to another, you have to be extra considerate when it comes to this equipment?s weight. Remember that all of your poles and tackles and such will naturally add weight to the bag itself!
As such, be mindful of the weight of the backpack that you’re going to choose. Similar to our first consideration, striking the right balance is also paramount here.
This endeavor will naturally surround you with water. As it goes, it would comforting to know that if your hands slip your bag accidentally in the water, your backpack is safe since it’s waterproofed.
Although this isn?t essentially a make or break type of feature on your backpack, it would be wise to go for something that is waterproofed as you?ll never know when these accidents might occur. The only disadvantage you’re most likely to experience in this respect is that a waterproofed bag is retailed on the expensive side. Just prepare to shell out extra bucks when you’re finally decided to go waterproofed!
#4 Comfort & Support
Your chosen fishing backpack is all bound to carry numerous equipment that can be, at times, difficult to handle. Also, these tools should add weight apart from the bag itself. As such, select a backpack that will provide comfort right on your shoulders and offer support on your back.
Probably one of the more important features a great fishing backpack can offer is its numerous compartments that allow you to organize your gears inside.
In this respect, it is suggested that you go for a bag that accommodates tackles like hooks, lines, and lures. These sections can truly aid you as you?ll be carrying more gear to make your fishing experience more efficient and dependable.
?On the other hand, ensure that the accompanying compartments would still make you feel comfortable as opposed to weighing you down in the process. Some of these bags come with tackle boxes that allow you to organize your gears quite easily while there are some that may be a bit tricky. The choice will always boil down to your preference.Adding to this organizational feature is a weather-resistant functionality. Your backpack, in this respect should be equipped with this feature as our some, if not all, of our gears are prone to corroding and I?m quite sure that that?s the last thing you?d want to happen to any of your gears!Now when it comes to your backpack?s organization, you have to remember this rule: your backpack?s number of storage compartments equates the level of organization that you?d be getting.
#6 Built-In LED Light
Not exactly a deal-breaker if compared to our previous considerations, having a built-in LED backlight would still make your purchase more pronounced and mostly, life-saving. Most people who are engaged in fishing lose the track of time that they don?t realize it?s already quite late.
A backpack that is equipped with a built-in LED will not only come in handy to remind you of the time but should also and ultimately illuminate your location, rendering the navigation at night with ease. Meanwhile, the accompanying LED light should make you more visible in foggy or dark areas.
#7 Other considerations
The factors below may not necessarily be a make or break on your purchase but they should still be regarded as crucial nonetheless:
- A padded shoulder
- A standing feature: Your backpack should have the capacity to stand uprightly.
- A quick access
The best backpack should allow to have a quick access to your most needed gear anytime.