Best Lipless Crankbait
For every bait right in your arsenal, there is always that one that gets the most of your attention: not just because they represent your preference but ultimately for the fact that they function effectively as they should. In my tackle box, you will find my best lipless crankbait, all in varying colors.
The process of obtaining them hasn?t been that easy: I had to be equipped with the right know-hows about rattle baits. Crucial questions like how, where, when to fish them surfaced and had to be applied practically.
Today, I?m bound to unveil these in this intimate discussion about lipless crankbaits. Soon after, I?ll help you narrow down your alternatives into five of the best rattle baits in the competition now.After that, we?ll consider fine-tuning your abilities by answering the abovementioned, pertinent questions about lipless crankbait fishing.
2-1/2? & 3?
Best Lipless CrankbaitBest Lipless Crankbait Today#1 – ??Absolute Outdoor Onyx A/M-24 Automatic/Manual Inflatable Life Jacket#2 – ??????Eyson Inflatable Life Jacket Life Vest Basic Automatic/Manual#3 – ???Driftsun Universal Fit Automatic/Manual Inflatable Life Vest PFD#4 – ????Mustang Survival Corp M.I.T. 100 Auto Activation PFD#5 – ?????Floattop Adult Automatic Inflatable PFD Life JacketEverything You Need to Know About Lipless CrankbaitsThe Verdict
Best Lipless Crankbait Today
Everyone guns for a rattle bait that boasts of some real action. With Red Eye Shad, you are rest assured that the crankbait will provide you the most incredible action there is.
This essentially comes from the free-floating rattles along with its distinctive sound that any bass can?t miss! Designed by the National Pro Staff, Strike King?s entry also features a near life-like, impeccable paint job that should boost your catching output.The mean, lipless crankbait from Strike King is also propelled by its quality hooks and 3D eyes. One might say that this one is just about the perfect imitation of a shad out there. This noisy, vibrating, sinking lipless crankbait has a rendering that comes with VMC Vandium Cone Cut Hooks.
- check-circleLength: 5.5?
- check-circleWidth: 1.5?
- check-circleHeight: 0.8?
- thumbs-o-upComes in varying colors
- thumbs-o-upQuality hooks
- thumbs-o-upFeatures an ?oval split?
- thumbs-o-upKnown for its incredible action
- thumbs-o-up3D eyes
- A bit too big for some
- Paint gets chipped easily
- Type V life vest
- Size: Adult
- Auto inflatable
- Color: pink
- Stretchable Flex-Back insert
Strike King?s entry might be ruling in the action arena but when it comes to retrieve rate, you?ve got to hand it down to Rattlin? Rapala. This particular lipless crankbait is very much noted for its incredibly flexible slow to very fast retrieve rates.
Apart from its topnotch retrieve rates, sure hookups are also in the mix as the product comes with two full-sized treble hooks. These hook ups are intensified with the lure?s uniform, harmonic, and well-attuned sound frequencies.
When you combine this to Rapala?s game-changing ?wobble? all the other bets are off! The high viability of this lure can also be expected as it comes with a long-casting, lipless design.And whether you rip the bait fast or run it slow, the sound should still appear like a dinner bell to any fish. Ultimately, the lure?s optimized performance is as solid as its features as it is hand-tuned and tank-tested to perfection.
- check-circleLength: 2?
- check-circleWeight: 3/8 oz.
- check-circleTreble Hooks: Two No. 6
- thumbs-o-upExtremely flexible retrieve rates
- thumbs-o-upComes with two full-sized treble hooks for more hookups
- thumbs-o-upEquipped with sound frequencies
- thumbs-o-upBoasts of an effective wobbling mechanism
- thumbs-o-upLong-casting design
- thumbs-o-upGreat swimming action
- thumbs-o-downA bit pricey
- thumbs-o-downA little too heavy for its size
- CE Certificated & SOLAS Approved 3M Reflectors
- Lightweight & durable fabric
- Adjustable belt fit for adult and youth
- Reusable, washable and easy to air dry
- This Life Jacket Buoyancy is 150N, Fits for Universal Adults under 330 lbs (150kg)
Sure, Matzuo Ikari Lipless Crankbait is a magnificent, life-like iteration of virtually all shads out there but don?t be fooled with its seemingly decent appearance.
If there is one thing that Ikari is very much known for, it must be its aggressive approach to luring any fish underneath: after all its moniker ?Ikari? translates to ?anger.?
As it goes, our third entry banks on its mean, red gills that propels it to produce a massive amount of vibration; this gets more pronounced as it operates with an extra loud stainless-steel rattle that effectively calls all the fish out from their respective hiding places.The Ikari Lipless Cranlbait also comes in an array of certified colors and sizes so you can either fish them out fast, slow, or even rip them out of vegetation with much ease all day and year-long. This is all supported by the product?s extremely sharp Matzuo black nickel treble hooks along with the abovementioned, signature gills.
- check-circleLength: Comes in two sizes (2-1/2? and 3? long)
- check-circleWeight: ? oz. and 3/8 oz.
- thumbs-o-upComes with proprietary, flared ?bloody red? gills for realistic action and look
- thumbs-o-upCan cover all water levels by means retrieval speed variations
- thumbs-o-upExtra sharp, signature black nickel treble hooks from Matzuo
- thumbs-o-upOffered in two sizes relative to its height and weight
- thumbs-o-upIdeal in grass, rocks, and open waters
- thumbs-o-downNot exactly durable
- UNIVERSAL FIT: The adjustable slender design allows for a wide range of motion and all day comfort out on the water.
- AUTOMATIC INFLATION: The life jacket utilizes a 33g CO2 cartridge to automatically fill the inner chamber with air when submerged under water or by manual pull of the T-cord. An oral inflation tube is provided to increase or decrease buoyancy.
- DURABLE COMFORT: The neckline is made of soft neoprene material with 300D protective cover to ensure all-day long-lasting durability and comfort.
- SAFTEY FEATURES: The vest is equipped with reflective tape, safety whistle, and manual oral inflation tube.
- COMPACT DESIGN: The product features high strength material, high performance utility and lightweight compact design.
Touted as the most weedless lipless crankbait, Spro Aruku Shad 75 was specially designed to swim right with its nose to the bottom. It is armed with an extra loud rattle that can be very effective in luring those pigs out!
If you?re looking for a lure that begs to get some of the most attention underneath, this one should very well be at the top of your list. And as it is designed to lock on its nose on the bottom, the product can be very suitable for bedding base.The Spro Aruku Shad 75 also comes with the extra sharp and able Gamakatsu hooks that should boost your catch in no time. With all these components, Spro Fishing?s is not only the most weedless out there but is essentially becoming as one of the best crankbaits in the market now.
- check-circleLength: 3?
- check-circleWeight: 5/8 oz.
- thumbs-o-upThe most weedless lipless crankbait
- thumbs-o-upDesigned to lock right on its nose on the bottom
- thumbs-o-upEquipped with loud rattles
- thumbs-o-upComes with Gamakatsu hooks
- thumbs-o-upCovers a lot of ground and can be cast that fast
- Automatic inflation will automatically self-right most wearers within seconds of water entry
- 500 Denier Cordura outer shell
- Exclusive Membrane Inflatable Technology inflation cell
- Inflator inspection window and easy access flap
- Provides 26 lb. (100 N) buoyancy when inflated - 1.5x regular foam PFDs
Just when you thought that Yo-Zuri?s classic Rattlin? Vibe was all Yo-Zuri could ever provide relative to its ultimate action and motion, the brand has outdone itself with its new 3DB Series Vibe. This new set of lipless crankbaits outpaces all the attributes along with the fish-catching ability of the former.
It comes with the proprietary 3D Prism finish and the reliable Wave Motion Technology. Meanwhile, the accompanying flash and reflection boosts the attention it provides while they maintain the life-like appearance and beef up the loud rattle that comes out from it.Its versatility is also noteworthy. It can be burned back right to the boat, ripped it out from the grass or stoked it off the bottom, whatever it is, the 3DB Vibe is an ideal bait to cover virtually all water conditions in a swift manner.
- check-circleWeight: ? oz.
- check-circleLength: 2-5/8?
- thumbs-o-upComes with patented 3D Prism finish
- thumbs-o-upFeatures Wave Motion Technology
- thumbs-o-upAvailable in an array of colors to match your water conditions
- thumbs-o-upHigh quality, well-built baits
- thumbs-o-upEquipped with a sinking action
- 150N(33lbs) Buoyancy with 33g co2 cylinder
- Automatic Activation life jacket, three way to inflate
- Belt Maximum length :130 cm Chest Size:30"-52"
- CE Certificate& SOLAS Aprroved
- Lightweight & durable fabric
Everything You Need to Know About Lipless Crankbaits
When do we use lipless crankbaits?
Along with the other crankbaits in your tackle box, lipless crankbaits also excel at certain conditions. If you want to get the most out of them, these conditions should be remembered. At most, it is suggested that you toss your rattle bait during spring and fall seasons.
It is during these times in which the crankbait?s tight wobble is going to work; its wheelhouse is situated between 45 and 60-degree water temperature.The deep-bodied profile of lipless crankbaits allows them to mimic shad, bluegill, and crawfish with stunning authenticity. If you want to fish with more than sufficient results, go for a red crawfish-patterned rattle baits.
Lipless crankbaits: Where and how to fish them?
Identifying where and how to fish your lipless crankbaits will not only make you an expert in setting your expectations. More importantly, your output in catching most of these pigs should also double! Ideally, lipless crankbaits go hand-in-hand with grass.
?Hanging? your bait right in the vegetation as you while throwing it with two exposed treble hooks right on the grass is the way to go when dealing with this condition.You may retrieve that bait by ticking the grass? top just barely. Just when you feel that the bait is getting ?hung,? immediately pop the rod upwards one to two times. This should trigger your targeted bass into biting.The ?yo-yoing? technique right in cooler and deeper waters using lipless cranks is also recommended. To do this, you can lift the rod tip right from your nine to 11 o?clock position as you allow the bait to fall via a line that should be semi-slacked.
This known retrieve mimics a dying shad or a crawfish that is trying to flee. As such, the wobble that comes before a fall should be able to catch those bass that are slow and weakened.
Which gears should you choose to maximize your lipless crankbaits?
Your lipless crankbait will always be relying on the gears that you select. And as the market is now awash with a lot of options for your rods, reels, and lines, one might say that it is impossible to arrive to a perfect set-up.
While there may be not an absolute set-up out there, there is an ideal one that should work for every angler. Reel-wise, seasoned anglers have suggested that we use a high-speed reel with a 6.1:1 ration at least.Choices for rods and lines are more varied. Today, most anglers would prefer a rod with a medium or medium heavy action with a fast tip; some are accustomed to using a moderate action rod. Meanwhile, others have revealed that a fiberglass rod works.For those who are used to going with a fast tip, it?s recommended that you must have a ?solid backbone? so you could rip lipless cranks out of the grass more effectively. On the other hand, other anglers surmised that having a fast tip can cause some issues with the hooksets.
One of which is that the fish may find it easy to ?throw? the bait once it?s hooked because of the pitiless feature of a rod.Meanwhile, anglers who use a moderate rod for their rattle crankbaits expressed that the rod?s so-called ?give? should enable the fish to inhale the bait much better. They also contested that this mechanism should prevent the bass from relinquishing the hooks.
Which colors should you go for?
Today, the market offers a plethora of colors for the lipless crankbaits. And if you?re still grappling with how or where to fish the, selecting the right colors might also pose as a challenge for you.
This section should help you get started with just about the most effective colors your lipless crankbaits should be covered on. Here they are:
- check-circleSilver: Silver-hued rattle baits are most efficient in sunny, cloudy, and clear water. Combine this with a tight and wiggling action along with a loud rattle and you?re all good to go!
- check-circleGold: Golden lipless crankbaits are also ideal in a sunny water. You can also take advantage of the color in stained water conditions. This hue is known for its ability to penetrate dirty water with more aggression.
- check-circleWhite (With some color combinations): Opaque colors such as white, your bait is bound to become more noticeable especially in cloudy and clean water. These conditions don?t require flash and reflectiveness as the light source is not that prominent. Make certain that the sides of these baits are predominantly white as they occupy the largest surface area on these lures.
The Rapala Rattlin 05 Fishing Lures sits atop of this competition with ease and panache. Right off the bat, its features are all designed not only to impress and improve your catches but in the long run, the lipless crankbait is specially crafted to last in good condition.
This product?s superior paint finish and commanding action surely won?t disappoint you and your wallet.
?Did you like this post? If you do, please share it with your fellow anglers out there. If you have anything to share, add, or ask, please feel free to sound them off in the comment section below!