Best Arrow Rest
Trying to find the best arrow rest? Whether you’re looking for a drop away rest, a limb driven rest, or even a whisker biscuit arrow rest, we have you covered! We’ll recommend what we think is the best arrow rest and how to choose among them.
What’s an arrow rest for? Well, do you know what typically touches your arrow after the string is released? Of course, it is the arrow rest and the string. That is the reason why thes style of rest you choose is determined by your shooting ability and precision. From the start, you need to have the proper shaft and a rest that works for you. Don’t walk away from a beautiful day of hunting empty handed, grab an arrow rest and hit your limit!
Arrow Rest Reviews
We cover our top ten favorite arrow rests for sale in 2018. We’ve broken them up by category. If you’re not sure what type of arrow rest is best for you, we recommend watching this video.
Best Drop Away Arrow Rest
Quality Archery Designs HDX Arrow Rest
The QAD HDX Arrow Rest is one of the most popular models on the market, made by a respected brand known for durable products. With hundreds of positive reviews at Amazon, you are guaranteed that this is best drop away arrow rest out there.
It comes coated with moleskin to reduce the level of noise that is caused when the arrow gets bumped, making it one of the quietests rests on the market.
It is important to note that you have to put a nock point at a higher position than usual when setting this rest. This is because it comes in 7/16 inch which is quite higher than the standard rest that comes with about 1 to 3/8 inch.
- Made of high-quality stainless steel
- Comes with limited lifetime warranty
- Feature the Lock down Technology and Advanced Vibration Technology for super speed performance
- Has a full draw indicator that provides sufficient launching position at full draw
- It comes with an instructional DVD, cable clamp, felt covers, tools, arrow rest etc
Best limb driven arrow rest
Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro
Just like the name implies. The Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro is one of the best arrow rests you’ll find around the woods and is our favorite limb driven rest.
With this, you will not get any plastic parts around it, but extremely effective and strong spare parts.
Note that this Smackdown pro allows several configurations such as an upper limb, lower limb, upward cable and downward cable driven set up.
- A limb driven rest supports the arrow throughout the shot for maximum performance
- It is well built and very simple to adjust
- Widely known as the most silent rest due to the internal dual bearings
- Features high metal construction thanks to its sleek and low profile design
- Guaranteed to get unlimited warranty from Trophy Takers
Best Whisker Biscuit Arrow Rest
Trophy Ridge Sure Short Pro Whisker Biscuit Rest
The Trophy Ridge Sure Shot Pro is and always will be the best whisker biscuit rest in the market. Nearly bulletproof, this is a rest you buy once and keep in your kit forever.
It defines simplicity, precision with no moving spare parts while hunting. To be short and precise, you can either shoot me or stand with me: If I were you I would choose nothing than a Whisker Biscuit Arrow rest.
- Prevents binding overtime with the help of elevation adjustment and Micro wind tech
- It is an Aluminium encased biscuit
- Includes custom rubber boots silence arrow landing
- Professionally designed to use with the right and left-hand bows
More Top Arrow Rests for Hunting
New Archery Apache Drop Away Arrow Rest
The New Archery Apache Drop Away Arrow Rest is a right-hand arrow rest that defines quality and support at its best. It allows you to get the best combination feature due to its cost and upgrading performance.
It just requires a fine paper tuning once in a while and you are good to aim for more than 60 yards. Within minutes you are guaranteed to start shooting, thanks to the easily setting adjustments.
- Regarded as the best rest for your bow
- It does not interfere with any arrow flight changes
- It is designed to work effectively with the vital impact and any compound bow
- Includes a serving string
Quality Archery Designs HDX Ultra Arrow Rest
The QAD HDX Ultra Arrow Rest is an awesome hunting rest that offers maximum precision for shooting. It’s the upgraded model compared to our favorite drop away rest. I once had a chance to use it and put four arrows in a 5-inch circle from fifty yards. The only reason we didn’t choose it as our favorite is because it is slightly more expensive than the regular HDX.
Be warned that it is not designed for target rest, but it is made for you who love to shoot on various free stands and moving all over the woods.
If you are a target or competitive 3D shooter, I will advise you to choose another arrow resting model.
- Well designed with spare parts availability
- Best for use in summer and hunting during a fall
- You can easily adjust the timing cord with Cord Lock
- Made from derlin components, stainless steel, and CNC aluminium
- The sleek curve capture design enhances ample versatility
- Includes brakes and cut felt that reduce the level of noise
Trophy Ridge HXL Vertical Drop Away Rest
One of the more interesting designs on the market, the HXL vertical drop away rest is supposed to function like a whisker biscuit but without any fletching contact.
The removable containment arms work well with sizable arrows. The rubber inserts reduce the level of noise and destruction. Overall it’s an solid choice for a rest, and comes in significantly cheaper than some of the other drop away models.
- Recommended for right-hand users
- Supports your arrow for a limited amount of time
- Guaranteed to get 100% arrow containment
- Super solid 6061 Aluminium construction
- Features a Limb Driven design which works effectively for either upward moving bow cable or the limb of the bow
Trophy Ridge Micro Revolution Full-Capture Fall Away Arrow Rest
The Trophy Ridge Micro Revolution Rest is designed for easy adjustment and quick set up capabilities. You will be surprised to take only a few minutes and start your hunting adventure.
The internal component allows you to tune your bows performance timing by simply splitting and pressing your cables.
Don’t forget to add the Revolution’s silent pad which is included in the box. Don’t scare off your target, you’ll have less opportunity for distraction while loading, drawing or releasing your arrow.
- Has an internal mechanism feature that tends to bounce back hence delivering a super silent shot
- Regardless of its fletching size, you are assured to get the maximum level of clearance
- Rotates in counter-clockwise motion at 90 degrees
- Unmatched containment
Trophy Ridge Bowfishing Whisker Biscuit Arrow Rest
This Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit is best rest for bowfishing. It keeps your arrows fully contained while you focus on tracking your fish. With a lighter and a more compact aluminium encased biscuit, it is 300% stronger than other arrow rest models. Keeping your bow light will help keep you from getting fatigued.
The custom rubber loads silence arrow for quiet and smooth operation. Plus, it can be mounted for left or right-hand shooters!
- Features a windage and adjustments
- Includes Laser-engraved marks
- V-notch that is located at the top reduces the slide obstruction and easy landing
- 100%made in the USA
- It can be attached to any type of bow
Xtreme Titaniaum Recon Archer Rest AXR 10
The Xtreme AXR 10 is a heavy duty rest. Prepare yourself for maximum strength and weight while enjoying the blend of carbon and titanium component appearance. It is fully adjustable to speed up your bow. I have no doubt this is a rest I could hand down for generations, but I’m still not sure if it’s worth the extra weight. I’d buy a whisker biscuit along with this rest and swap them out as needed.
- It the world’s first 100% machine Titanium launcher
- Comes with interchangeable Containment arm system
- Installed carbon body Armor ensures noise reduction and super strength
- It is a Microtone Trigger kind of arrow rest
- Lightweight, Faster and overall stronger
Qualit Archery Designs HDX Lost Arrow Rest
The QAD HDX Lost Arrow has a sleek design that comes with extra versatility making sure you won’t be disappointed. It is constructed to hold all the features of the HDX models but at a lower price point.
- Has advanced vibration system forces that reduce the vibration amplitude to minus
- The durable molded rubber creates an appealing and comfortable field
- Features an adjustable timing cord and the full draw indicator for proper launching position
- Don’t be lost by its description it is the real lost camo by Mathews
- Features a Break Away Safety for longevity
- Includes a felt applicator which you must install it yourself
How to Choose the Best Arrow Rest
Arrow rests are just like other archery accessories, but the difference is their crucial resting functionality. You find that some will have maximum performance, unlike others. Before going to your next arrow rest dealer, grasp the following arrow selection tips:
Fingers and Release Aid
Finger selection entails achieving the proper horizontal arrow rest tension by simply dampening the left and right side of the arrow and string. While release selection is whereby the desired arrow resting match must be achieved by paying less attention to the horizontal tension.
When mounting the rest on your bow, it is advised to first set the center of shot or alignment. This can only be achieved by lining up your arrow center to the left side (if you are right-handed) of the line that is in front of the string.
Arrow Powder Testing
It is vital to powder test your arrow regardless of the rest that you are using. You can opt to use some foot spray white powder at the end of each arrow. Try shooting it into a short target and see if you can identify the shaft and fletching for visual marks. If you see any contact marks, adjust and retest the arrow until the marks are no longer seen in the fletching. Of course, you should learn to do this as you plan to purchase your best arrow rest.
Adjusting the nocking points
Before purchasing your best arrow rest, it is advised to first know how to adjust the nocking points for a better target. You can simply do this by holding the pull cord back which will help to bring the rest back to its position. You can also use a paper frame with a sheet of old newspaper since it helps to fine tune the nocking points heights.
Maintain Your Arrow Rest Parts
It is crucial to keep arrow rest parts clean so as to avoid further collection of dirt which is regarded as the recipe for failure that comes at worst times. You can use Teflon lube oil for lubrication.
I have come to realize that silence is indeed golden in this hunting field. That is one of the reasons I have chosen for you the ten best arrow rests that don’t produce a sound when it comes to using them. Secondly, I have come to love Smackdown Pro due to its high-quality features and functionality.
You can also never go wrong with the Whisker Biscuit arrow rest which by the way is the only ideal arrow rest that gives you 300% high performance. Besides, it can be used by both the right-hand and left-hand user.
I will not forget to mention the Micro Ridge Revolution Full Capture Fall Away Arrow Rest since it comes with a bouncing back feature for a less distraction shot. Now I will leave you to select the bet arrow rest for your body size and hand type as well.
You can decide to choose the most complex or simple arrow rest, but you will never lack the best arrow rest that fit your bill. As long as you understand the function of the rest and whether you prefer hunting, bow fishing or target rest, you are definitely headed in the right direction. Buying a high-quality rest that comes from a reputable manufacturer is the best decision you can ever make.